Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day (and night)...

Total time to vote:  3 hours and 40 minutes.  In the chilly, misty air.  It has never taken me longer than an hour to vote.  But, I would do it again if need be.

I want to thank the following musicians for seeing me through the first two and a half hours:

Prince
Alicia Keys
Funkadelic
Eminem 
Elton John
Kenny Loggins
Sade
Corrine Bailey Rae

I listened to inflammatory remarks made by McCain supporters (self-identified) and did not blow my top.  And once I voiced that one of the things I love about being American is free speech, even for stupid people, that conversation took a drastic turn for the quiet.  LOL

And now, I am switching between ABC and CNN as I follow the election results.  And my heart is racing.  It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.  And I will be closely watching until she does.  

2 comments:

Yasmin said...

Thanks for turning me on to ABC...now I'm switching back and forth...hehe.
xoxo

Southern Diva said...

LOL- I know. I love ABC, and now they are interviewing my girl Oprah.