Sunday, July 13, 2008

Today I Had A Migraine...

it started yesterday, and by last night, was full-blown. I wallowed in the bed most of today, but by 3:30, 4 I could take it no longer. Besides, The Man was getting hungry and we had no food in the house that we could mutually agree upon. LOL

After a long shower and fresh clothes, we headed to Chili's for grub. A short stint in Target, and it was back to the house.

I still have my migraine (to a much lesser degree) but it felt good to get out and about. A few months ago, I would have relished a day in bed, even in pain. Today, all I wanted was the pain to lessen enough for me to get moving. It's amazing how your response to life's events can change when you slow down and begin to live your life a little differently. I used to look at my migraines(when I was getting them a couple times a month) as a sign that I needed to slow down and get some rest, and now, since I haven't had one in several months, they are a biological nuisance that I can't control. I was just happy when I realized I had not had a migraine in months. Yay me. Maybe one day, they will be gone for good.

Happy Sunday. Back to the grind in the AM.

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

I was just happy when I realized I had not had a migraine in months. Yay me. Maybe one day, they will be gone for good.

Hey sis that is good news that you haven't had them in months...and I'm so sorry to hear that you got one today...but thank God you were able to get out...and that's progress! Gosh look at what changing jobs will do for you. ;)
xoxo