Thursday, October 2, 2008

VP Debate Prep

I heard on the news this morning that Palin and Biden were prepping for the debates in very different ways.

Palin= cramming
Biden= the Socratic method

Cramming= rote memorization
Socratic method= the process of learning by asking questions

Cramming= short term information retention
Socratic method= elicits rational thinking and illuminates ideas

Cramming= recitation of facts
Socratic method= stimulating conversation

Cramming= what is
Socratic method= what could be

Why is this no surprise to me?

3 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i did not even watch it. lol
u should read some of my books one day
Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me

Southern Diva said...

@Torrance- thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll return, and I will definitely check you out.

@rawdagbuffalo- on my way to u'r place as well. LOL

Southern Diva said...

LOL @ myself- Torrance and rawdawgbuffalo are one and the same. I'm a little slow this morning.