Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday Morning Jams

After the week I had, I really need 'em. Eminem, Jill Scott, Mary J. They are all here with me.

And speaking of music, in case you've been under a rock, Leona Lewis, the young Brit being compared to Whitney, Mariah, AND Celine, will have her debut cd in stores on Tuesday April 8th. I am really looking forward to it (as well as DIT).

I love it when I discover an artist- even if they've been around forever. LOL

If you were to scroll through my iPod, you would be amazed. I've got some of everything. From Al Green to John Mayer to Boyz II Men to Nickelback to Kenny Loggins to Elton John to Yolanda Adams. I love folks who can sing. And their song has to speak to me.

Fridays have traditionally been music days for me. You know, the last day of the week- you need that juice to get you going, and sometimes keep you going throughout the day. And then by the end of the day, you need some uptempo jams to help you celebrate making it through the week. Which gets you primed and ready to enjoy your weekend.

If you can, turn on your radio, pull out your iPod, or slip a cd into your computer and jam your way thru the day. You'll be glad you did.

What are you listening to today? Holla back! (Hmmmm- let me go find some Gwen Stefani. LOL)

6 comments:

Angelia Vernon Menchan said...

I am listening to Orchard by Lizz Wright, she has the most amazing, soulful voice, lovely,

blessings,
angelia

mindspill said...

I hadn't heard of Lena Lewis but I do luv the sound coming from the UK. I'm gonna have to check her out.

Have a good weekend!

Southern Diva said...

Hey Angelique,
I've never heard of Lizz Wright, but I'll be on iTunes this weekend checking her out. Thanks for the heads up.

Southern Diva said...

Sorry about that angela, didn't mean to call you angelique. It's Friday. My head is done in.

Southern Diva said...

Mindspill,
I too love the UK sound. Josh Stone, Corrine Bailey Rae, and now Lena Lewis. Way cool.

Southern Diva said...

I went in and corrected the young lady's name- it's Leona Lewis. My bad.