Monday, May 19, 2008

Cooking by Dummies

So today, I went to the bookstore and bought a cook book. Let's face it, it's time to learn how to do something besides warm up already prepared food from the grocery store.

I came home, perused the cookbook, and picked out four main dishes for the week (ya'll know I'm not cooking on the weekends. I mean really!). I made a grocery list, and off the Publix I went. I found most things on the list. I was surprised.

Tonight, DIT and I had Caribbean Rice and shrimp, by way of Spanish rice. LOL. OK, so they didn't have the specific rice, but I used this preseasoned saffron rice. It was awesome. The girl wanted seconds, so I know I did good. And she ate her asparagus. Thirty minutes from start to table. I couldn't ask for anything more (except to maybe have come across this book five years ago-lol).

For dessert, we are having a cookie pie a la mode. A roll of chocolate chip cookie dough rolled out in a pie pan and baked for 15 minutes. Add ice cream and viola'! Yep. Even though I am challenged in the culinary department, I can do this stuff. LOL

The book: Simple and Delicious Cookbook by Taste of Home Books. (242 quick, easy recipes with everyday ingredients) Check it out if you need help in the kitchen. They even break the recipes down into 10, 20, and 30 minute categories.

What are you cooking tonight?

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

LOL...I'm not cooking I'm stopping by your place. So what's for dinner tonight?
xoxo