Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May...

is almost over!!!!

Where the hell did the month go?

Where is my writing journal where I keep all of my notes and ideas?

Why am I feeling like I'm missing something (other than my notebook)?

Ok- it's been three weeks of self-employment, and I have to say, that I am really enjoying every minute of it, but I have got to get my ass organized or I'll become a hamster on that spinning little treadmill thing. UGH!

I'll be working out of The Man's house after next week. DIT will be gone for the summer, my brother (the college student) has set up base camp in my guest bedroom (read that as my OFFICE!) instead of going to my folks where he has a very large room. We are really close and I actually don't mind that much, but I really do need an office space in my home. That means that I will be spending most of my time at The Man's, as he has a great deck, flora, fauna, and water as his backyard. If that gets old, then I'm just three miles from the beach. I need to be out of my comfort zone (my sofa and my bedroom) so that I can get serious.

Anyway, I got a head start on my writing groove today. It was great. Now if I can just get motivated to do a MEGA WHITE GLOVE cleaning on my house, then everything would be groovy. Alas, you can't have it all.

PS- I miss having lunch with my friends. One of the downsides to working from home- veritable isolation (even if most of the time you secretly like it).

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

I know I can't believe it either!
xoxo