Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday

Over the past two to three years, Sunday evenings haven't always been relaxing for me. Quite the opposite actually. I would become anxious about the week to come. I'd begin thinking ahead and gearing up for the drama. I would try to anticipate the crazy before it actually happened based on how the week before went. Sometimes I got lucky and things weren't so bad. Most times not.

But that is all behind me. Today, when I realized that it was six o'clock (the usual "witching" hour for my anxiety)and my heart wasn't racing I remembered why. I am in the next phase of my professional life. Yay me. It feels really good knowing that I don't have to deal with crazy tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong. It's not like I get to sit back and marinate. Nope. Tomorrow and Tuesday, I'll be in Columbia, and then on Wednesday, I get down and dirty with my writing. I'm nervous as hell, but looking forward to the challenge. I'm still going to be working my ass off, this time for myself, and with minimal drama. Now that's what I'm talking about.

To my peeps still back on the plantation: Keep your heads up. Things can and will be different.

I'm going to get back to my loafing. I've got to hit the ground running tomorrow and I need to be on my game to do that. More rest for me- mentally and physically.

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

To my peeps still back on the plantation: Keep your heads up. Things can and will be different.

I heard that because I want to be just like you when I grow up...hehe.
xoxo