Friday, September 26, 2008

T-Mobile

T-Mobile bought out Suncom in the spring, and we were converted over on the 8th of this month. Since that time, my beloved Crackberry started acting like it was taking crack. Today, I had not received any email or text messages for over 12 hours!!! To say that I was upset is an understatement.

Anywho, when The Man left tonight, I thought I'd call T-Mobile to see what the deal was, complain, and also find out what it will cost to break my contract. I ended up paying my current bill on the phone with Automated Sally (don't know if that's her name, that's just what I call her) and then at the end requested Customer Service. After a 20 minute wait, I got put through to a nice young lady- didn't get her name. Told her my issues, and she immediately forwarded me to the Blackberry Dept. I think that's what she called it. I'm not sure. It is 2:00 am after all.

So, I end up on the phone with Christopher in New Mexico for 49 minutes and I have to say that I think he fixed the bugs that were ailing my baby Berry from the conversion. He talked me through stuff, explained stuff, sent test text and email messages, and when it looked like two of my email addresses weren't going to act right, told me to call RIM in the morning. I guess he could tell I was running on fumes. Must have been the slurring of my words. Anyway, just as I was about to shut my 'puter down for the night, the test messages for the two stubborn email addresses came in.

I told ya'll all of that to say that I appreciate good service when I get it, so I am sending a shout out to Christopher in New Mexico at the T-Mobile Blackberry call center. He was a doll. And the poor thing was sniffling the whole time because someone brought roses into work. That's just wrong! You know those call centers are just one big area with cubicles because you can hear other folks on the phone. But I digress.

I'm happy and now I am going to sleep. I hope to awaken to tons of email. Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been seriously thinking about getting a Crackberry but I'm afraid. Do I really want to join the Blackberry Mafia with everyone else?

Just as soon as I join, the new next "thingie" will come out and the one "I" have will be obsolete.

Plus, I don't want to get something that I don't have time to take an "in-service" to learn how to use. I'm either behind the times or just still happy with the "old" way.

Do Crackberries really help you stay more organized or do they consume more time making endless notes that are already written down somewhere anyway?

Southern Diva said...

Hey Laurel,
I am probably not the most objective person on this topic. LOL. I love the fact that no matter where I am, I don't have to have my computer to check email and surf the web. I am starting to use the calendar, notes and other features for organization more, but I am still not as bad as some. LOL. One of my girlfriends does indeed use the organizational tools religiously, and credits her Blackberry with keeping her in the right places at the right times. Others just like the qwerty keyboard and texting options- you know, they appear cool and up-to-date without trying to look like they are a teen or twenty-something. My 62 year old mother wants one because the 40 somethings are using them. LOL. I told her that it cost too much money to be used as only a cell phone. She laughed and agreed that that is exactly what it would be for her.

Which brings me to the point (I was going to get there eventually)-if you are only going to talk on the thing and return the occasional text message, then there are some really cute Nokias, Motorolas, Sonys, etc out there that will cost you a fraction of the price. If email on the go is what you are looking for, definitely consider it. One of the things I like about the 'berry is that you can download applications from websites that you frequent often, click their icon and then get pointed directly to the site, instead of working through the browser. They really have kept it simple for folks like me. My favorite is the Facebook app, of course, but I can also read USAToday, Slate, ABCnews right from my main page. And they keep adding new sites and apps all the time. Yay! And there are plenty that are free.

Be careful though, cause you could end up in Starbucks "working" on your laptop and playing on your Blackberry at the same time. This happened to me yesterday, and when I looked up, the man at the table across from me was doing the same thing. We both just started laughing. What else can you do? LOL

I'm pretty sure I've just made the case FOR and AGAINST smart phones. rotflmao Good luck.