Saturday, September 27, 2008

Working on a Plan


I woke up this morning with a bug up my arse! These last six months of consulting have been great, and I will soldier on, but it's also time for me to start getting real with my own dreams. So, armed with some research, some thoughts sketched out, and my imagination, I am working on a business plan for life as a freelance writer.


I always thought that I would break into writing with the novel. It just seemed like a natural thing with the amount of fiction that I read. However, this last year or so has shown me a different possibility. That is not to say that I won't write a novel, it may end up just being part of my writing repertoire, instead of the whole thing.


George Clinton sang "Free your mind, and your ass will follow". Ain't that the truth. My mind is opening up to so many possibilities, so I am going to follow and see where it leads. I feel like I am embarking on an exciting journey. It's about time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Diva Girl! "Free your mind" is the key! You become what you think you are...know it, own, it, and don't let anyone or anything deter you from your goals!

We're 'behind' you.

Southern Diva said...

Thanks for your support Laurel. I spent all day research and taking notes for my business plan. I was exhausted by the end of the day. I woke up this morning with it on my mind and planning out my day so that I can get back to it as quickly as possible. It feels really good to know which direction I'm headed.