Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back To School

DIT came back from summer with her dad the last weekend in July, which left me with three and a half weeks to entertain her before school starts. Can you say enough already?

OK, it really hasn't been bad, but I am ready for the routine to start. I have spent way too much time trying to figure out ways to keep my thirteen year old busy. I'm running out of juice here. This afternoon, we are heading to get school supplies, and a couple of last minute clothing items that she probably really doesn't need, and then I'm done. They start school a week from tomorrow, and I can't wait. This is actually late for us, but thanks to a new state law, school can no longer start before the third Monday in August. Obviously, those politicians aren't parents who work from home. I need my space. And some quiet. There is a lot of singing and giggling in my house during the day, not to mention the mournful pluckings on her guitar. She can't decide if she wants to that bubbly chic Colby Calais or bluesy BB King. This has got to stop. I'm just saying.

Anybody else waiting for their kids to head back to school?

2 comments:

Yasmin said...

U KNOW I've been ready for mine to head back to school...rotflmao.

Southern Diva said...

I knew you would feel me Yas!