Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Wanna Work for Diddy

I don't. I just want to watch the show. It's the Kim "Poprah" chick that has me fascinated. She must have studied Machiavelli's work because that girl has got some serious evil game. Her confessionals are crazy- that girl scares me. I believe she would cut her own mother to get that job.

The other thing about the show is this almost religious devotion to the elusive Sean Combs. It boggles the mind. I remember being starstruck with Prince and Michael Jackson (before he totally weirded out) in my twenties, and I can't say that Oprah doesn't bring out the fanatic in me, but not to the point where I would be running around buying her socks and applesauce. And has anybody stopped to wonder why Diddy has had so many assistants? I mean, they interviewed about four on last night's episode alone. I imagine that the burn out rate for being someone's lackey is very high.

Now, I'm not saying that the man may not need help, but sheesh, what exactly are these kids gonna learn about running their own business if their only job is to anticipate and care for his every need? That is not a mentor relationship, that is more of a sycophantic relationship. And these folks act like working for Diddy is going to be the Holy Grail for them professionally. Maybe it is, what do I know. I have never heard of any of the "former assistants" other than that Fonzworth dude, and it's not like I took him very seriously at all. Matter of fact, what ever happened to him with his plaid and the umbrella? Anybody seen him? Hello, anyone?

No matter. Like I said, I don't want to work for Diddy, but I will continue to check out the folks who do. It's all very entertaining.

And yes, I DVR all these reality shows so that I can watch them at my leisure, damn it! LOL

2 comments:

Don said...

I think it's more of what you said - people act like it's going to send their career into the limelight, instantly. When that's not logical thinking.

I have yet to see the show, but I look forward to catching it. Sounds very entertaining.

Also, good clean well-written blog.

Southern Diva said...

Thanks Don for the visit. Check out VH1's show when you get a chance. It is something else. And so far Diddy has only shown up in clips. I think he'll make his first appearance next week.