Saturday, August 16, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

By now, you guys know how this works. You receive an email with instructions, and you simply follow them. Sort of like Mission: Impossible for the blogosphere. So right now, I'm It thanks to my girl Yas. The tag is a list of current African American reads (07-09). Check out my list. There is some good reading to be had.

5 MUST Read Books:
Don’t Ever Tell by Brandon Massey
Them by Nathan McCall
Orange Mint and Honey by Carleen Brice
Yellow Moon by Jewell Parker Rhodes
Conception by Kalisha Buckhanon


5 Books on the Nightstand:
The Shadows by LA Banks
Pig Candy: Taking My Father South, Taking my Father Home Lise Funderburg
From Harvey River by Lorna Goodison
Stand the Storm by Breena Clarke
Trading Dreams at Midnight by Dianne McKinney Whetstone


5 Look For These Soon:
House at Sugar Beach by Helen Cooper
The Hemingses of Monticello: An American Family
Midnight: A Gangster Love Story by Sister Souljah
Red Light, Green Light by Margaret Johnson-Hodge
The Ancestors by Brandon Massey, Tananarive Due, and LA Bank

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis and thanks for participating...so Massey's book was good...I don't have the Shadow I still need to read the one that came out in February hehe...and another Massey book but it's an anthology...can't wait to hear your thoughts regarding that one. ;)
XOXO

Gwyneth Bolton said...

I read The Shadows . I love the Vampire Huntress series. I'm hooked on this series.

Gwyneth