Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Passion for Words

Last night I watched The Great Debaters. Yes, I just got around to it. If I miss a movie when it's in the theaters, there is no telling when I will actually get to it after it's release on dvd. My favorite parts were the debates.

I love words- written and spoken.

My favorite movies are those with lots of dialogue (noire films from the 40s and 50s, anything with Katherine Hepburn, Betty Davis, or Joan Crawford, and let's not forget When Harry Met Sally- the action in that movie is the dialogue). Witty dialogue on tv draws me in- Grey's Anatomy, Californication, Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

Words bring me joy. It's one of the reasons I keep reading Toni Morrison- her words are music to me.

Just my random thought for the day.

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

Nice I love words too and movies. Glad you had the opportunity to watch the Great Debater...it was a GREAT movie. ;)
xoxo