Monday, August 25, 2008

Democratic National Convention- pt 2

Thank God for C-SPAN. I can watch the convention without commentary and right wing bullshit. Of course, at the same time I'm surfing the net, CNN, ABC, CSMonitor, any and every website that may give me a different perspective. All it's doing is pissing me off though, every time a read a stupid ass comment from someone who claims to be a Hillary supporter and now they are going to vote for McCain. They are reminding me of middle school kids. This is a serious case of sour grapes. Hillary and Barack are so close in their ideas for this country, they are ALMOST indistinguishable on many points. If you truly support what Hillary stands for, you really feel that she would change the direction this country is headed in a way that is positive, opportunities being created for the many, instead of the few, why in the hell would you vote for someone on the opposite end of the political spectrum because your candidate did not get the nod? I'm just saying. You mean to tell me that people out there are going to vote against their own self-interests in order to prove a point to Barack? If that is the case, they will deserve everything they get. Dumb asses.

So, I'm just going to watch C-SPAN tonight. No more blog/website surfing, or the joy that I am experiencing watching history in the making (for real, not some political pundit's overuse of the term) will be marred by anger at the stupidity that abounds. If Barack had not gotten the nomination, my ass would be voting for Hillary, not some Republican who could give a shit whether my kid gets an education, or that I can afford to feed her, keep a roof over her head, or even have a job to meet these obligations to begin with. Maybe it's just me.

No comments: