Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday Thoughts...

So Hillary did it- made a great speech and challenged her folks to remember what it's all about. Yay! I just hope folks hear her and stop w/ the BS.

We get to hear from Joe Biden tonight (and we get to hear from his attractive attorney general son Beau- oh yeah).

And of course, Big Willy takes the stage tonight. Let's hope he behaves like a grown up- you know, follow his wife's example.

Of course, all this DNC watching means that I will have to record Project Runway and watch it tomorrow.

Which brings me to my final thought for the day- I can't FREAKIN' wait for the new tv season. I feel so shortchanged due to last year's writers strike. Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, Private Practice, CSI, Desperate Housewives, America's Next Top Model, The Game. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it.

Ok, this is really the final thought because I just thought of it- today I saw a couple of episodes of Living Single on Oxygen, and I swear, I felt like I had run into an old friend that I loved hanging out with and hadn't seen in years because life took us in different directions. I laughed at those folks just as loudly as I did all those years ago. When I was done (had to head to a birthday lunch, run some errands, and get my ass back home so that I could write before picking up the girl from volleyball tryouts), I realized how sad I was that there are so few shows about African Americans on television (I think The Game and Everybody Hates Chris are it. If there is more, please holla at me.) I loved Living Single because those were the stories of me and my friends. Who is telling our stories now?

Guess I better get back to work so that I can write things I like to read. I'm just saying.


9:30 Update: Bill brought his A game. I had flashbacks of 1992 and I now remember why folks fell in love with him. He reminded the Dems what we are supposed to be fighting for. But I noticed that near the end of his speech when he was giving accolades to the Obamas and the Bidens he sort of stumbled when he referred to Jill Biden as the "fabulous" Jill. I can't help but wonder if his mouth wanted to say "fine ass" Jill. I'm just saying. He is still Big Willy, afterall. OK, OK, I admit it- I crack myself up.

10:55 Update: In the south, we like to use the phrase "get it done". You always want someone on your team who can get it done. Joe Biden is that man in this election. His speech was not sexy by any means, but he got it done. He was on point by clearly outlining the the disasters of the last eight years and how John McCain will just continue the trend. Biden is scrappy, as evidenced by his childhood story of being sent back out to fight by his mom after coming home with a bloody nose so that he could hold his head up the next day in the neighborhood. Having grown up with a mother expressing the same sentiment, I can totally relate. Joe will be able to handle his business well. You know he gotta work 'cause he got a big family to take care of. LOL

No comments: