Monday, February 4, 2008

When Will It End???

Please, ya'll. Can someone please tell me when the writer's strike will end? I have been patient, I have been understanding, and I have been supportive, but this shit is getting old.

When are Bailey and the crew at Seattle Grace Hospital returning?

What is going on with those quirky docs on Private Practice?

Can someone tell me why is it the most we saw of Warwick Brown this season was when he was being set up for the murder of a stripper, and had to get himself out of hot water? And let's face it, he would have been under the jail in real life.

How come Jack Bauer isn't here to save the day and deal with those freakin' studio heads?

I am hearing rumors that the strike may end this week. Please, please, please, let it be so. Just in time for the summer hiatus. I ain't mad writers, but ya'll all need to get on the stick. We need some good programming here. Have you seen the promos for Deion Sanders? He has his own reality show. How about Snoop Dogg's show? I mean, really, a house full of little yappy dogs and no one picks up the dog shit? Are you kidding me?

I need some real shows with some real writing soon or I am going to lose my mind.

Oh yeah- I was supposed to be doing more reading and writing.

What shows are you guys missing?

10 comments:

Yasmin said...

LOL...I don't watch much television but I'm feeling you! I like most of the shows you like Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy...Rick's favorite is 24.
And of course there are some reality TV shows I like...AI, ANTM and Amazing Race.
Because of the strike, Lauren has us watching a lot of DeGrossi (teen show)...I think we're almost finished watching shows from 6 seasons ago.
So even I'm clamouring for some new stuff.
Hopefully the writer's will get what they want soon!
xoxo

Unknown said...

I am missing me some 24! Jack NEEDS to be in the building! THIS DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!!!!!!!! CSI and CSI:Miami! I mean dang...it really does need to end soon!

But one of my favorites are coming on early due to the strike...BIG BROTHER! So it's bitter sweet for me!

Anonymous said...

I want Jaaaaaaaaaaaaack! I'm feein' for 24 over here. But I find I'm getting into public television. PBS has some great programming this month being Black History month. Lots of exciting stuff, great profiles, music, history and culture.

'Cilla said...

I with ya... I miss Ghost Whisperer and I need to know what is going to happen with "Ugly Betty"...

Southern Diva said...

See, ya'll are feeling me. This thing has got to end soon.

Anonymous said...

Well, since Keifer Sutherland is now out of jail after 48 days for a DUI, maybe we can see Jack Bauer kick some butt soon. I hope the strike ends soon, too. I also miss Grey's Anatomy, Bones, CSI(the original)and a few others but these are the top ones.

Anonymous said...

I want the strike to end soon too. I can say that I've gotten more reading done since the strike. I don't like reruns unless its one of the older shows like The Jeffersons or Martin.

There are several shows that I really got into and now they are either not coming on or showing reruns - CBS - Cane, CSI, Criminal Minds, The Unit/ ABC - Desperate Housewives (just started back watching it and now reruns), CW - The Game.

I don't care for reality TV shows that much. But I do love Deal or No Deal.

I read somewhere that they are close to closing negotiations, but I don't know if that's a fact or rumor.

Southern Diva said...

Lisa- I had no idea Keifer was in jail. Dayum!

Sheila- girl, I luv me some Cane. I can't believe wasn't getting more recognition. It is good old fashioned drama. Like from Dallas and Dynasty.

Lamont Wynn said...

Oops! I almost missed this one! (Yas' link on myspace) I've just gotten back into watching some tv (got dish network over the holidays). Stuck on CSI and CSI Miami. Have to check out 24 just 'cause I like Keifer. February is a good month to do PBS,though,as was mentioned. There's always some exciting programming about, by and for us. Most television shows are trash and mindless in my opinion... and anyway, I'm supposed to be honing my writing skills in through here. I do hope the writer's come to an agreement. It's even scarier out there in TV-land without them. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Carolina Diva, girl Cane is off the hook. I hope they bring it back when the strike is over. It was one of my favorite shows to watch and definately underrated. Folks should watch it at least once and they'll be hooked--well at least I think so.