Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Recurring Fantasy

Get your minds out of the gutter. It's not what you think.

I'm in the middle of PMS hell. Last week was organized chaos for me- more so than usual. I was tired, cranky, and needing "me time". I was in the shower on Sunday- washing and crying and feeling sorry for myself because I had to go to work the next day- when I got the great idea to do something different. I decided to resign from my job. Yep. I had it all planned out. I would walk into my Monday morning meeting with a smile on my face, and an envelope in my hand and let them know that I would give them two weeks and no more.

My heart raced with the excitement of it all. Fear coursed through me as well. I had never done anything so daring in all of my life. Regardless, it was full steam ahead for me. I was going to change my life on Monday morning.

The alarm went off at 6 as usual, but I was already awake. I got moving and got DIT going. Once the bus pulled out of the neighborhood I grabbed my keys off the counter and headed for the garage. And that is when it hit me.

HOW IN THE HELL AM I GOING TO PAY FOR ALL THIS?
The mortgage, the car, food, electricity, dental bills. And much, much more.

This is a recurring fantasy of mine, and someday, I am going to do it. Right after I win the lottery. Ya'll heard it here first.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gurl, one day you got to make your fantasy come true...wishing you a good week.

Southern Diva said...

Thanks mucho Diva. Some days it's enough just to keep breathing. I'm better now.

Yasmin said...

I'm feeling you on that fantasy!
Make it happen sis!
xoxo

Southern Diva said...

Well Yas, looks like I'm going to be able to actually live out that fantasy in a couple of weeks. Yay me.

Yasmin said...

Get the eff out of here...hehe.
Okay we have to talk and I hope you took some of my advice...more hours more money...lol...if you didn't I ain't madatcha...I just want you to be happy!
xoxo
CALL ME!

Yasmin said...

Get the eff out of here...hehe.
Okay we have to talk and I hope you took some of my advice...more hours more money...lol...if you didn't I ain't madatcha...I just want you to be happy!
xoxo
CALL ME!

Southern Diva said...

LOL- yeah, I got offered more hours, which means more dinero, which means I'll be making A HUGE CHUNK more than I currently do. I'll call you w/ the details.

Yasmin said...

LOL- yeah, I got offered more hours, which means more dinero, which means I'll be making A HUGE CHUNK more than I currently do. I'll call you w/ the details.


aren't you glad you talked to me and I coached you...rotflmao...you did good sis...I'm happy for you...guess we'll finally be seeing a blog a day and a book deal...hehe.
xoxo