Friday, March 7, 2008

Wiz Lessons

So yesterday, I didn't sit through the performance. I dropped DIT and ran some errands. When I went back to pick the girls up, I realized the performance had run late. DIT and Friend told me that one of the guys in the orchestra passed out during intermission and had to be rushed to the hospital. They were a little unsettled, but the show went on.

This morning, before the performance, the kids found out that the guy died yesterday. He was 71 and had a heart condition. The kids said a group prayer/blessing, and dedicated the show to the orchestra member. Although they were visibly upset, again, the show went on.

It has been one thing after another for this production, and yet the kids keep getting out there and doing the damn thing (even when they are fighting and carrying on amongst themselves). Some grown folks could learn a lot from these kids (namely the people I work with). It's all about the mission. Roll with the punches and continue pressing forward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My condolences go the kids and the family... for their loss.

Southern Diva said...

Thanks. This kids had two performances yesterday, and they were great. They even changed their playbill for last nights show. Tonights the finale. And tired mom, while she has enjoyed it, is ready for it to end. I can't imagine what the kids are feeling.