Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What's Going On?

I won't bore you guys with a long explaination about where I've been or what I've been doing. Suffice it to say that life has been happening. And now, I'm ready to get back on my J-O-B as the self-appointed bullshit detector. And boy is there a lot of it going around.

To Geraldine Ferraro: It is one thing for folks to think you a fool. Don't open your mouth and prove it. Every time I saw this woman on television last week, I could only shake my head at the shame of it all. How do you find the nerve to begrudge someone else's success at something you weren't able to achieve? I know that people do it all the time, but it still makes me wonder.

The US Government has bailed out one of the biggest banks in the country, while Jr., Shay Shay,Pookie, and Carol Ann (all under the age of eighteen) can't get healthcare. And it was done with the stroke of a pen. Hmmm. I am the only person seeing something inherently wrong with this? I mean, they are saying that this gesture is to save the economy from a continuing downward spiral. I guess the future leaders of this country don't mean that much in the grand scheme of things.

Today Obama is giving a speech about race in America. I will have plenty of comments for you tomorrow.

Personally, my journey is getting more and more interesting. I am conidering an opportunity that may change the course of my life. I'm nervous and excited, all at the same time. But life is about taking chances, so I think I am going to jump in with both feet and see what happens. In the meantime, I want to end with my favorite quote of all time. It is often attributed to Nelson Mandela, who did indeed say these words in a speech, but it was actually written by Marianne Williamson in A Return to Love:Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Peace- today and everyday.

No comments: