Monday, March 3, 2008

Gadget Ho Strikes Again...

See, what had happened was, last fall, I traded my sucky Altima for a Jeep Liberty (I love, love, love SUVs, but especially Jeeps- just don't like to drive big ones). Being the frugal woman that I am (read that as cheap) I usually just get the car the way they ship it from the factory.

Well, since I am huge iPod lover and user, I decided to replace my factory cd/radio w/ a fancy-shmancy Alpine car stereo with iPod Control. (Mr. Lover Lover was supposed to talk me into the less tricked out model- but he simply encouraged the extravagance- God bless him. Satellite radio will be on my gift list for the holidays- hint hint. My new sound system can handle it with ease. Who knows, I may even need a speaker upgrade.)

So, seeing as how I will be spending a lot of time in the car this week as the taxi driver to and from The Wiz rehearsals, I will have my handy-dandy iPod friendly car stereo rockin' out to whatever my mood desires. Yay me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

$50 extravagance minus $20 to purchase necessary chord for cheaper model equals $30 extravagance or three lunches out.

It's Peanut Butter Jelly time! Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
Peanut Butter Jelly!
Peanut Butter Jelly!
Peanut Butter Jelly wit a baseball bat.
Way ee at? Way ee at?
Way ee at? Way ee at?
Dey ee go! Dey ee go!
Dey ee go! Dey ee go!

Thank you for the blessing, Amen.
Yay me!

Southern Diva said...

Hawk- must you always be so rational? And quit w/ the Peanut Butter jelly song. It'll be stuck in my head the rest of the week. That is NOT on my iPod. LOL

Yasmin said...

Back up...rewind...I didn't know you got a new car and a Jeep Liberty to boot...how did I miss that...lol.
xoxo

Southern Diva said...

LOL Yas! Yep- I got rid of that money pit in Oct. I had to replace the batter 3 times in 18 months, and I had so many little things go wrong with the car, you would not believe. I decided to go back to an SUV, but I can't afford those big gas hogs, so I got a little gas hog. LOL

Anonymous said...

awww you spoiled yourself. I luv suv's and wow, I wanna Alpine car stereo. Enjoy gurl, I'm sure you deserve it!

Southern Diva said...

LOL- my Alpine system is B-A-D!!! I am one happy camper. Thanks mucho.