Thursday, January 24, 2008

This and That

Bear with me ya'll. I mentioned that I am going to post about the recession, and I am still planning to do that. However, ya'll know that I like to get it right, so I am doing some legwork. I am not in the business of misinformation- watch television if that's what you want.

So, while I have no socio-political thing to hit you with today, let's talk about American Idol.

First of all, I'm from the Charleston area. My mother was born and raised here. This is where my people live and die. And yes, Charleston has indeed been voted the friendliest city. 'Cause we are.

But- DO NOT for one minute think that those looney tunes on American Idol last night are representative of Charleston talent 'cause it ain't. All those crazy folks were not from Charleston. That was a regional audition, and we were just lucky enough to be prime location. If you've ever been here, then you certainly know why. So, I just wanted to set the record straight. Yes, we have our share of crazy, but just remember that we are a small reflection of America as a whole.

Anyway, after I got my laugh on last night, I decided I better address that mess.

See ya'll tomorrow. And you'll probably get a special weekend report on my experience voting in the primary on Saturday.

1 comment:

Yasmin said...

rotflmao...and glad you ain't claiming them because there were some sic' folks showing up for the Charleston auditions...but they do in every city...I think they're travelling Idol wannabees...lol.
xoxo